Looking for ways to add some pizzazz to your living room or den? Consider adding some floating shelves, both for storage and decorative purposes. Below are some great examples of how to add floating shelves around your TV for a stylish and modern look.
Table of Contents
AGWa Floating Shelf Wall-Mounted TV Cabinet Wall
What is it?
This floating shelf is a wall-mounted TV cabinet that allows you to save space and add a touch of elegance and class to your home décor. The shelf is designed to be easily installed and offers a sleek, modern look that is perfect for any contemporary living room or den.
Why should you get it?
The AGWa Floating Shelf Wall-Mounted TV Cabinet Wall is an excellent choice for those looking for a stylish and functional space-saving solution. The shelf is perfect for organizing your home entertainment center, surround sound system, and other electronic accessories. It is also perfect for displaying your favorite photos, books, and decorative items.
Different types of floating shelves
Floating shelves come in a variety of sizes and styles, and you can choose one that best suits your needs and preferences. Below are some of the different types of floating shelves you can consider:
- Wooden floating shelves – These are classic, timeless, and work well with a traditional or rustic style.
- Glass floating shelves – These are sleek and modern-looking, perfect for contemporary and minimalist décor styles.
- Metal floating shelves – These are sturdy and durable, and work well in a modern or industrial décor space.
- Acrylic floating shelves – These are a great option for small spaces as they offer a sleek and modern look while taking up minimal visual space.
Benefits of floating shelves
Here are some of the main benefits of adding floating shelves to your home:
- Space-saving – Floating shelves save floor space and allow you to utilize wall space to display and store items.
- Stylish – Floating shelves come in a range of styles and materials, allowing you to add a modern touch to any room.
- Cost-effective – Floating shelves are typically inexpensive compared to traditional shelving systems.
- Customizable – You can create a unique layout by arranging and grouping floating shelves to fit your space and storage needs.
Advantages of floating shelves around your TV
Now that you know the benefits of floating shelves, here are the specific advantages of adding them around your TV:
- Organizes your media center – With floating shelves, you can keep your media system organized and in one place, eliminating clutter and reducing the time it takes to find the remote or cords.
- Displays decorative items – Floating shelves are perfect for displaying your favorite photos, art, and decorative items, making your space more personal and unique.
- Increases storage – Floating shelves make use of vertical space, increasing storage space without adding bulky furniture.
How to install floating shelves around your TV
Installing floating shelves around your TV is relatively easy and can be done in a few steps:
- Decide on placement – Determine where you want to place the shelves and the spacing between them. Consider the weight of the items you plan to place on them.
- Mark the wall – Use a level and pencil to mark the wall where you want to place the shelves. If attaching to drywall or plaster, find the studs or use anchors.
- Attach the brackets – Attach the brackets to the wall using screws or anchors, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Attach the shelf – Slide the shelf onto the brackets, making sure it is level and secure.
- Repeat – Repeat these steps for each shelf, ensuring the spacing is consistent.
Tips for styling your floating shelves
If you’re not sure how to style your floating shelves, here are some tips:
- Group items in odd numbers – Arranging items in threes or fives creates a balanced and visually pleasing display.
- Vary the heights – Varying the height of items on the shelves adds interest and depth to the display.
- Use books as risers – Books can be used to elevate smaller items, making them more visible and aesthetically pleasing.
- Mix textures and materials – Adding a mixture of textures and materials, such as wood, metal, and ceramic, creates a dynamic display.
- Work with a color scheme – Select colors that complement each other and the surrounding space, creating a cohesive look.
Now that you have some great ideas for how to incorporate floating shelves into the space around your TV, it’s time to get started. Whether you’re a minimalist or traditionalist, there’s a floating shelf out there for everyone. So, start organizing and decorating your home media center today!