If you’re looking for a way to add a touch of rustic charm to your home, you might want to consider reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves. These shelves have become increasingly popular in recent years thanks to their unique look and versatile design. Depending on your personal taste and style, there are different types of reclaimed barn wood shelves available to choose from.
Table of Contents
Reclaimed Barn Wood Chunky ShelvesSet of (2) – 40″ / Natural (no stain)
What are reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves?
Reclaimed barn wood floating shelves are shelves made from authentic vintage timber and planks taken from old barns, warehouses, and other such buildings that have been demolished or abandoned. The wood used in making these shelves is carefully handpicked and then restored to its original state using modern techniques without removing the eco-friendly and raw finishing. The result – a timeless charm that is unmatched by any other type of floating shelves.
Why should you choose reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves?
Reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves offer an exceptional blend of aesthetic and functional benefits that make them stand out from other shelf options. Firstly, they create a warm and cozy atmosphere in your home, evoking an organic feel that is both charming and inviting. Secondly, these shelves are incredibly versatile, adjustable and adaptable to your environment and taste, allowing you to add an extra layer of elegance to any room in your home.
Different types of reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves
There are different types of barn wood floating accent shelves to choose from, ranging from the thickness of the wood used to the variety of finish options available.
- Reclaimed Barnwood Chunky Floating Shelves: These shelves are made from thick, chunky reclaimed wood, giving them a robust and sturdy appearance.
- Reclaimed Barnwood Pine Floating Shelves: These shelves are made of light pine wood, giving them a clean, minimalist look suitable for modern and contemporary homes.
- Reclaimed Barnwood Ridge Floating Shelves: These shelves have a curved edge at the front, which adds a whimsical touch to their rustic appearance.
- Reclaimed Barnwood Floating Shelves with Brackets: These shelves have brackets holding them up, which give them a more decorative and classy appearance.
Benefits of reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves
Here are a few reasons why you may want to include reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves in your home:
- They create an eco-friendly and sustainable living space by repurposing and reusing old materials
- They offer versatility and adaptability to any room in your home such as the living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and office
- They are easy to install and remove
- They add warmth, character, and timeless charm to any space they are installed in
Advantages of reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves
If you are thinking of adding reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves to your home, here are some of their advantages to consider:
- Reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves add a touch of rustic elegance to any room in your home, making them a great focal point as well as a functional storage option.
- They are highly durable and resistant to wear and tear over time, thanks to the strength of the recycled materials used to create them.
- Barn wood floating accent shelves are incredibly versatile, meaning they can be used in any room in your home, offering a practical and stylish storage option that is sure to impress.
- These shelves are environmentally friendly, since they are made from reclaimed materials, which makes them the perfect choice for those who are looking to make more sustainable choices for their home.
How to install reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves
Installing reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves is straightforward as long as you follow the right steps:
- Measure the area where you want to install the shelves and choose the right size of shelves that fit in that location
- Locate the studs behind the drywall or plaster and mark them with a pencil
- Mark the line where you want the shelves to hang using a level or laser level, ensuring the line is straight by marking both ends of the shelf, and connect these points with a straight edge or chalk line
- Attach the brackets to the wall with screws in the marked locations of studs, leaving enough space beneath them to hold the shelf
- Snap the bracket covers onto the brackets, slide the shelves over the brackets and check if they are level
- Once you’re sure the shelves are level, attach them to the brackets using screws or brackets provided
Tips for maintaining reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves
To keep reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves looking their best, and ensure that they remain in good condition for years to come, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid exposing the shelves to direct sunlight, which can cause the wood to fade over time.
- Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe the shelves clean as needed, and avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning products that can damage the wood.
- Avoid placing objects that are too heavy for the shelves since they may sag over time, weakening the brackets holding them.
- You may want to apply a sealant to your reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves to help protect them against moisture and wear and tear, and to enhance the rustic look of the wood.
As you can see, reclaimed barn wood floating accent shelves have a lot to offer in terms of both style and function. Whether you’re looking to add a touch of rustic charm to your home or simply need a practical storage option, these shelves are sure to deliver. So why not give them a try and see for yourself what they can do for your home?