As a lover of all things interior design, I am always on the lookout for new and creative ways to spruce up my home. One trend that has caught my eye recently is the use of floating wood shelves as a stylish and functional addition to the dining room. Here are some ideas and tips on how to incorporate these shelves into your own space.
Table of Contents
Floating Wood Shelves
What are Floating Wood Shelves?
Floating wood shelves are shelves that do not have visible brackets or supports. Instead, they are installed with a hidden mounting system, giving the appearance that they are floating on the wall. These shelves are typically made from high-quality, durable wood such as oak, cherry, or walnut.
Why Use Floating Wood Shelves?
Floating wood shelves are an excellent addition to any dining room for a number of reasons. First and foremost, they provide much-needed storage space without taking up valuable floor space. They are ideal for displaying decorative items such as vases, picture frames, and other knick-knacks. They also provide a convenient place to store plates, glasses, and other dining room essentials. In addition, floating wood shelves add a touch of warmth and natural beauty to any space.
Different Types of Floating Wood Shelves
There are many different types of floating wood shelves, each with their own unique style and features. Some popular options include:
- Single or double wall shelves
- Corner shelves
- Reclaimed wood shelves
- Metal and wood shelves
- Custom made shelves
Benefits of Floating Wood Shelves
There are numerous benefits to using floating wood shelves in your dining room:
- They provide extra storage space
- They give the dining room a warm, natural look
- They can be used to display decorative items
- They are easy to install with a hidden mounting system
- They can be customized to fit any size or shape
- They are durable and long-lasting
Advantages of Floating Wood Shelves Over Traditional Shelves
While traditional shelves are certainly a viable option for storing items in the dining room, there are several advantages to using floating wood shelves:
- Floating wood shelves take up minimal space
- They provide a modern, sleek look
- They are easier to install than traditional shelves
- They can be customized to fit any decor style
How to Install Floating Wood Shelves
Installing floating wood shelves is a relatively easy process that can be completed in just a few simple steps:
- Begin by measuring the space where the shelves will be installed
- Mark the location of the shelves on the wall using a pencil and level
- Install the mounting brackets onto the wall at the marked locations
- Attach the shelves to the brackets
- Adjust the shelves as needed to ensure they are level and secure
Tips for Decorating with Floating Wood Shelves
Here are some tips for decorating your dining room with floating wood shelves:
- Display items in odd numbers for a more visually pleasing look
- Mix and match decorative items such as picture frames, vases, and candles
- Ensure that the items you display on the shelves complement the overall decor of the room
- Don’t overcrowd the shelves – leave some empty space for a more elegant look
Overall, floating wood shelves are an excellent addition to any dining room. They provide extra storage space, add a touch of warmth and beauty, and are easy to install. By keeping these tips in mind, you can create a stunning display that perfectly complements the decor of your dining room.
1. “Floating Wood Shelves. Large Clock Decor | Kitchen Decor Wall Art” by Pinterest
2. “Uncommon (but Fantastic) Shelves” by homedit.com
3. “Staten Double Wall Shelves ‐ Modern Home Decor ‐ Room & Board in 2021” by Pinterest
4. “16+ Awesome Dining Room Wall Decorations That Will Make It” by Pinterest
5. “DIY West Elm “S” Shelf ‐ Evan & Katelyn | Dining Room Wall Decor” by Pinterest
6. “Wall Decor Ideas for a Cool Dining Room” by decoist.com
7. “17+ Dining Room Shelves Designs, Ideas | Design Trends ‐ Premium PSD” by designtrends.com